db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Sylvain Leroux <sylv...@chicoree.fr>
Subject Re: Using IJ to copy data from one DB to an other one
Date Mon, 15 Feb 2010 19:33:19 GMT
Rick Hillegas a écrit :

> Hi Sylvain,
>
> As you've discovered, ij only handles one connection at a time. You
> could use a table function to solve this problem.

Hi Rick,

And thanks for this answer. Since ij is mostly DB agnostic, I was planning to
use it to migrate some data from a MySQL database to Derby (and possibly back).
Moreover, the details of the "migration process" will be handled by a "power
user" having some knowledge of SQL. But definitively not being a programmer. So
I was looking for "script" only solution. No Java at all.

I take a closer look at the source code of ij, and I think it could be feasible
to bridge somehow two connections using prepared statements as I was first
expected it.

With your permission, I will file a JIRA issue on this - and work on it - since
that could be an useful addition for any DBA having to copy data between DB.

Regards,
Sylvain

--
sylvain@chicoree.fr