db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: Network connection refused ??
Date Thu, 11 Feb 2010 15:16:38 GMT
> I'm pretty sure that in the past I've done
> "jdbc:derby://192.168.0.110:1527/helpdesk"  with user and password ----
> at gotten it to work. ( also with a windows server environment )
>
> But right now nothing works ...
>
> (the "localhost.1527" does work ...

Check the arguments that you are passing to the server when you
start it, specifically the '-h' argument.

By default, the server listens only to requests on the loopback address,
which means it will only accept connections from the local host.

So, check if your connections are succeeding or failing depending on
whether your client is on the same machine as the server or not.

Lastly, check your Java security policy; it may be prohibiting the
connections from remote machines.

You can find lots of information in the Server and Administration Guide.
Start here: http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.5/adminguide/tadmincbdjhhfd.html

thanks,

bryan