db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: White Space in CLASSPATH
Date Thu, 11 Feb 2010 01:49:48 GMT
Hi Hussein, I am glad you are enjoying Derby!

> it was not a problem; since I started to use derby the *.jar files are not
> found correctly if the path contains a space, e.g "D:\WSpace\Program
> Files\Apache\derby*". I then set the path in quotation marks (as shown);
> it works for some tools and not for others.

What is an example of a specific tool that didn't work? I believe that
the quotation marks technique should work uniformly; if you can help
us find any place where it doesn't we can try to get them fixed.

As an alternative to renaming your path, you can also use the

   DIR /X

command to discover the alias for any directory name which has a space
in it. For example:

     C:\>dir /X

     07/27/2005  08:59 AM    <DIR>          DOCUME~1     Documents and Settings

shows that, on my system, C:\DOCUME~1 can be used as an alias for
C:\Documents and Settings.

Hope this helps,

bryan