db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: import with column
Date Mon, 08 Feb 2010 13:31:17 GMT
Hi Glenn,

Derby doesn't understand the format you're describing. You can write a
table function which reads the csv file and strips the column names.
Then you can import the file like this:

insert into myTable select * from table ( myTableFunction(...) ) s

However, with this solution you will lose some of the speed of the
import procedures because logging won't be turned off.

Hope this helps,
-Rick