db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: Using NetworkServerControl to access in-memory (only) tables of Embedded Derby
Date Fri, 05 Feb 2010 15:22:19 GMT
> 1) how can actions of those connecting to the NetworkServerControl via
> JDBC be controled (for instance, limited to read only)?

Derby has a variety of access control facilities. Here's a good place to
start learning about them:
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.5/devguide/cdevcsecuree.html

> But even with this thread, the server still stops (connection breaks) if
> the application's main threads get into a wait/sleep or hang.

It definitely sounds like something in your application is interfering
with the Derby processing, but it's hard to know what.

I noticed, however, that in the sample code that your posted, your
logic not only starts the network server, but also shuts it down.

Perhaps somehow the "m_done" variable is being set, and your code is
exiting the "while" loop and shutting the server down itself?

thanks,

bryan