db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: SQL Parser Code in Apache Derby Source Code
Date Fri, 05 Feb 2010 07:16:10 GMT
On 05.02.10 01:43, AKA_DERBY wrote:
> Hello Rick,
>
>         Thank you for replying. I am kind of stuck with another build error.
> Everytime I build it, I am getting an Ant Build error dialog pop up.
> http://old.nabble.com/file/p27462091/Ant_build_failed.jpg  . There are links
> discussing this - like
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/db-derby-dev/200906.mbox/%3Cx6d49eiauf.fsf@Sun.COM%3E
>
> but I have not been able to locate this ant.properties file at all to change
> the variables (j14lib, j15lib and j16lib) .
>
> Could you please explain in detail what exactly is to be done to get rid of
> this build error. I would like to mention that I am using a 64bit Windows 7,
> and Eclipse Ganymede/Galileo to execute Apache Derby code.
> Any help would be appreciated.

Hi,

The build fails because Derby is only able to find a Java JRE, not a JDK
(development kit).
If you add the property "-DprintCompilerProperties=true" to ant, you
should see a printout of the JDKs that were found on the system (look
for "printCompilerProperties:" in the output).

A simple fix when running in the shell is to set JAVA_HOME to point at
your JDK installation (not the JRE), and then invoke ant. BUILDING.html
explains how to configure this manually using ~/ant.properties.
Hopefully someone will give you some pieces of advice for getting this
to work with Eclipse.

Regards,
--
Kristian