db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Pablo Beltran <pa...@svnflash.com>
Subject Success history
Date Wed, 03 Feb 2010 09:39:45 GMT
Hi everybody!

Usually developers read mailing lists to find out useful data to make a good
choose.
I hope this mail could be helpful for them.

People said that was impossible writing a decent cache for Subversion
repositories using a rational database and get results with enough speed.
Hence,  tools which need this feature has develop its own mechanism to deal
with millions of data.

Fortunately, I gave Derby a chance and I used it to build a cache for the
public hugest repositories around the World (KDE, Apache,...) and results
were absolutely awesome.

KDE: with more than 1 million of revisions, near to 2.5 millions of files
and directory entries and more that 12 millions of actions on those files
and directories... all them on a Derby embedded database. Awesome speed and
absolutely stable.

Fast, reliable and easy! Thanks a lot for all people who have made Derby.

Pablo
www.svnflash.com