db-derby-user mailing list archives

From PretzelLogic <tom.kill...@thomson.com>
Subject Question about logs directory & reclaiming disk space.
Date Fri, 26 Feb 2010 19:41:18 GMT

Hello,

I'm embedding a derby db into a java app that is deployed to Tomcat 6.   I
have a process that will delete records and I'm wanting to reclaim the disk
space after the deletion .  My program is calling this fuction --> CALL
SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_COMPRESS_TABLE but I'm seeing the log directory has many
log files that do not go away unless the tomcat container is restarted.  Is
there a process that will also clean up those files?