db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Shankar Devi <shankar.natara...@sasken.com>
Subject ERROR XSDG2: Invalid checksum on Page Page(0,Container(0, 1216)).
Date Wed, 10 Feb 2010 11:08:47 GMT

Hi,
	I have an intensive data-processing application which utilises Apache Derby
version - 10.3.1.4.
My Customer is running this application on Windows 2003 and has 30GB derby
database size.
Customer has reported the following error.

ERROR XSDG2: Invalid checksum on Page Page(0,Container(0, 1216)).
After that application is crashing with
java.sql.SQLTransientConnectionException: No current connection error.

I have looked into event logs and no hard disk issue has reported. Each time
application is failing at page 1216.
This issue is similar with http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3611 &
http://www.nabble.com/ERROR-XSDG2%3A-Invalid-checksum-on-Page-Page%280%2CContainer%280%2C-1313%29%29-td16389697.html.

I have asked the customer to try with Apache Derby - 10.5.3.0 with old derby
database. Still Customer is getting the same error.

Table referred in derby.log is

CREATE TABLE cfgdata_property(
   objKey INT,
   versionID BIGINT DEFAULT 0,
   viewID INT DEFAULT 0,
   objData BLOB(2M),
   CONSTRAINT kvk_cfgdata_property Foreign Key (objKey, versionID)
      REFERENCES cfgdata_objects(objKey, versionID) ON DELETE CASCADE);

Herewith I have attached both derby.log file(10.3.1.4 & 10.5.3.0).
Please let me know which is causing the issue.

Thanks & Regards,
Devi