On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 3:34 PM, Karl <karlkras@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hello,
I'm working through a few tutorials using Netbeans and more then once the target table they are using is CUSTOMER out of the sample database, which in context appears to be available by default. I have no such table in my sample database upon derby installation.
Anyone know where this would come from?
thanks,
Karl

Hi,

What tutorials are you looking at?

Because indeed, derby doesn't come with a database called "sample".
See also: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3654
For the most part, the examples in the derby documentation referring to a "sample" database are of the sort common to SQL examples anywhere, so it's never been a hot issue for anyone.

Myrna