Hello:

I am writing an application which is using Derby as an in-memory DB:

        Class.forName("org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver");
        m_connection = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:derby:memory:testdb;create=true");

In that application I am also starting the NetworkServerControl:

        try {
            NetworkServerControl server = new NetworkServerControl(InetAddress.getByName("localhost"), 1527);
            server.start(new PrintWriter(System.out));
        } catch (Exception e) {
            logger.error(e);
        }

My application seems to run happily, creating and populating tables. All the tables are well visible from the inside the app, for instance after "CREATE TABLE" called,
this returns cnt=1:

Statement statement = m_connection.createStatement();
        ResultSet rset = statement.executeQuery(
                "SELECT COUNT(*) FROM SYS.SYSTABLES WHERE TABLENAME='SAMPLE_TABLE'");
        int cnt = -1;
        if (rset.next()) cnt = rset.getInt(1);

However, if I try to connect with another DB client (currently I am using Aqua Data Studio and it's configured to connect to jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/testdb;create=true), it connects, but the tables created in memory are not visible (while SYS tables are):

So, why could it be that in-memory tables aren't seen from the "outside" and what can be done to make them visible?

Much appreciated!

Regards,

Pavel Bortnovskiy.

Jefferies archives and monitors outgoing and incoming e-mail. The contents of this email, including any attachments, are confidential to the ordinary user of the email address to which it was addressed. If you are not the addressee of this email you may not copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use it or any part of it in any form whatsoever. This email may be produced at the request of regulators or in connection with civil litigation. Jefferies accepts no liability for any errors or omissions arising as a result of transmission. Use by other than intended recipients is prohibited.  In the United Kingdom, Jefferies operates as Jefferies International Limited; registered in England: no. 1978621; registered office: Vintners Place, 68 Upper Thames Street, London EC4V 3BJ.  Jefferies International Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.