db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Dag.Wan...@Sun.COM (Dag H. Wanvik)
Subject Re: I have a trouble on using derby with aix
Date Tue, 05 Jan 2010 12:16:11 GMT

There seems to be a class that's not being found:

java.lang.AbstractMethodError:
org/apache/derby/iapi/services/locks/LockFactory.unlockGroup(Ljava/lang/Object;Ljava/lang/Obje
ct;)V

>From the Javadoc of AbstractMethodError

"Normally, this error is caught by the compiler; this error can only
occur at run time if the definition of some class has incompatibly
changed since the currently executing method was last compiled."

So ususally this is a version skew after a partial recompile...  This
is not normal. Possible causes:

- classpath does not contain the proper class (ConcurrentPool or SinglePool)
  did you compile derby yourself?
- corrupted derby jar files
- perhaps missing jar files from the CLASSPATH

What version of Derby are you using? Try to run sysinfo(1) and report
back what you see.

Thanks,
Dag

(1) To run sysinfo, use the normal classpath set up for derby and run
from the command line: java org.apache.derby.tools.sysinfo