db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Dag.Wan...@Sun.COM (Dag H. Wanvik)
Subject Re: Starting embedded Derby Replication within Tomcat web application
Date Sat, 09 Jan 2010 19:05:02 GMT
Erick Lichtas <elichtas@linoma.com> writes:

> Upon making the call to ds.getConnection(), this is when the slave accepts
> the connection and I get the exception with error XRE22 noted above.  Based
> on the error message, it looks like the master has already been started for
> some reason.

Yes, this error indicates that the start master connection URL is
attempted used over again after the database has already been
successfully booted as a master.

The fact that it works outside of Tomcat seems to point the finger at
Tomcat's usage/db booting. I don't know how/when Tomcat does this,
though.

Dag