db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Thomas <Thomas.K.H...@t-online.de>
Subject Eclipse plugins - Derby Nature not available
Date Wed, 06 Jan 2010 18:27:49 GMT

I am having problems wanting to migrate from eclipse 3.4 ganymede (under which I
had successfully used the plugins) to eclipse 3.5 galileo.

A fresh install of the current eclipse version has created the folder structure:
'C:\eclipse-reporting-galileo-SR1-win32 v3.5_2009' (root folder I defined/used)
'..\eclipse' (first level subfolder) and further subfolders

I have downloaded the 2 zip files
derby_core_plugin_10.5.3.zip and
from apache.prg
and unzipped the binaries into the eclipse plugin directory -
C:\eclipse-reporting-galileo-SR1-win32 v3.5_2009\eclipse\plugins\ in my case.

This has created folders

However when launching eclipse and right clicking on my project I am NOT getting
a menu item 'Apache Derby' (and of course then also no submenu item 'Add Apache
Derby nature').

However I can open the derby plugins user guide from the menu by selecting
help->help contents, so I assume this piece of the install has worked.

Any hint on why the menu entries when right clicking on the project are not

View raw message