db-derby-user mailing list archives

From George H <george....@gmail.com>
Subject Illegal Key Size problem
Date Tue, 05 Jan 2010 14:54:22 GMT
Hi,

I have a program that uses Derby 10.5.3.0 to create an embedded DB with an
encryption key.
I am using Blowfish/CBC/NoPadding with a key size of 256. I have a windows
XP and a Linux machine. Both have Sun JDK v1.6 u17 and I installed the JCE
jar files from the sun site.

The problem is that the DB is being created on my linux machine with no
problems but, on windows it keeps giving me an error of Illegal Key Size. If
I switch the encryption to DES with 56bit key then it works fine.

I created a sample program in java to test the Blowfish and it works. It
just seems to be derby that complains of the illegal key size. Is there
something I am missing here?

Attached to the email is the log file of derby with the stack trace, should
it be of help to anyone.
--
George H
george.dma@gmail.com