db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sample database?
Date Tue, 19 Jan 2010 00:38:07 GMT
On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 3:34 PM, Karl <karlkras@yahoo.com> wrote:

>   Hello,
> I'm working through a few tutorials using Netbeans and more then once the
> target table they are using is CUSTOMER out of the sample database, which in
> context appears to be available by default. I have no such table in my
> sample database upon derby installation.
> Anyone know where this would come from?
> thanks,
> Karl

Hi,

What tutorials are you looking at?

Because indeed, derby doesn't come with a database called "sample".
See also: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3654
For the most part, the examples in the derby documentation referring to a
"sample" database are of the sort common to SQL examples anywhere, so it's
never been a hot issue for anyone.

Myrna