db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Puskas Peter <pusk...@freemail.hu>
Subject backup databes problem
Date Fri, 22 Jan 2010 12:45:45 GMT
Hi,

I would like to backup derby databes. But I get this error:

Derby DB backup will be executed.
*The local depo is empty. Cannot create archive.
*
I call the backup like this :

             String query = CommonDbSqlStubs.backupDatabase;

             con = getConnection();

             stmt = new FsccPreparedStatement(con.prepareStatement("CALL
SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_BACKUP_DATABASE_AND_ENABLE_LOG_ARCHIVE_MODE(?, ?)"));

             stmt.setString(1, tempDirectory);
             stmt.setInteger(2, 1);
             stmt.execUpdateAndCheck("database backup failed");
             con.commit();

or :

             String query = CommonDbSqlStubs.backupDatabase;

             con = getConnection();

             stmt = new FsccPreparedStatement(con.prepareStatement("CALL
SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_BACKUP_DATABASE(?)"));

             stmt.setString(1, tempDirectory);
             stmt.execUpdateAndCheck("database backup failed");
             con.commit();

I could backuped database, but somthing happend and it is not working now.

I can not find the reason. If sombody know pleas let me know.

Thank you Peter