db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rami Ojares / PDF-Comics Oy <r...@absinth.fi>
Subject Re: ASSERT FAILED RowChanger already open continued
Date Fri, 15 Jan 2010 12:09:15 GMT
Hejsan Knut,

I will try to do that.
But before that here are some further observations.

The assert error occurs when using a sane build (as expected).
When I used an insane build I do not get that assert error anymore but
the following.

Note:
I am inserting here altogether around 20 000 rows so all the errors I
mention happen here and ther in between.
The good errors are caused by a before trigger I have created to guard
the correctness of data.

I get 6 good exceptions in a row and after that I get an error
"The heap container with container id Container(-1, 1263513312942) is
closed."
This happens 3 times.

After that around 40 rows are inserted with no problems.
Then I get a good error.
And for the next row I get
"Maximum depth of nested triggers was exceeded."

And from here on everytime a good error occurs this maximum depth error
occurs for the following row.

Now I know that my trigger does not cause other triggers to go off.
My trigger only makes some sql queries and returns either 0 or throws an
exception.

It seems at the moment that this has something to do with the rollback
causing problems for the next row.
And the heap container thingy is a complete mystery to me.

Coming up...
A reproducible test case in jira.

- rami