db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Derby 10.6 release date
Date Thu, 07 Jan 2010 13:22:33 GMT

Thanks for your interest in 10.6. Some responses inline...

Deepblue1000 wrote:
> Hello,
> I was wondering what the current status of derby 10.6 is - when will an
> official release be available?
No-one has volunteered to manage this release yet. But if we keep to the
release cadence of the past several years, I expect that someone will
volunteer to produce a release candidate around March. I would expect to
see an official release posted later this spring.
> I require storing Java objects in columns and I noticed that this feature is
> in 10.6.
We are eager for community feedback on this and other 10.6 features.
> Also, I noticed there are several alpha versions of it available at:
>      http://dbtg.foundry.sun.com/derby/bits/trunk/
> The latest version availabe is in
> - is this stable to use?
> If I use it can I later upgrade it to the official 10.6 release when it
> comes out?
These are snapshots of the trunk. They are alpha code for
development/testing purposes only. A database created by one of these
snapshots won't be upgradeable to an official Derby release.

Hope this helps,
> Would really appreciate some information about this, as this affects the
> release of my application.
> Thanks you!!!

View raw message