db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Sylvain Leroux <sylv...@chicoree.fr>
Subject Re: Create a Nested Table or a dynamic table
Date Mon, 04 Jan 2010 14:06:17 GMT
Hi Alvaro,

Depending of your needs, using two tables and a foreign key could suffice?
Something like that:

create table bag_with_items (
    bag_id                   number(7)     primary key,
    bag_name                 varchar2(30)  not null,
)

create table Item (
    bag_id                   number(7) REFERENCES bag_with_items(bag_id),

    item_id Number  ( 6  ),
    descr   varchar2(30  ),
    quant   Number  ( 4,2)
)