db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Create a Nested Table or a dynamic table
Date Mon, 04 Jan 2010 13:49:32 GMT
Hi Alvaro,

Derby does not currently support structured types or typed tables.
However, we are adding user defined types to Derby. Hopefully this
feature will be ready for the 10.6 release later this year. User defined
types (UDTs) give you the ability to store Java objects in columns and
use Java objects as function/procedure parameters and return values.
DERBY-651 tracks our work on this issue. What we have in the trunk right
now should be complete enough for you to run experiments. Hopefully the
functional spec attached to DERBY-651 will give you all the information
you need--if not, I'd be happy to help you get started. Your feedback is
appreciated.

Thanks,
-Rick