db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Dag.Wan...@Sun.COM (Dag H. Wanvik)
Subject Re: Different DB behavior loaded from JAR vs. file system
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2009 18:22:16 GMT
malesch <malesch@gmail.com> writes:

> I am seeing some very strange behavior with my Derby DB
> (version 10.4.2.0 and 10.5.3.0).
>
> If I load my DB from a JAR file, I am missing some table
> entries, that are existing if I extract the DB from the
> same JAR file and load it from the file system.
>
> How can I understand this behavior, is there an
> explanation for this?

That seems weird. Are you connecting with the same user name (or none)
in the two scenarios? Occasionally we see users miss some tables
because they end up in an unexpected schema; the default schema is the
user name (or "APP" if not provided).

If this is not the issue, are you able to provide a repro for it?

Thanks,
Dag