db-derby-user mailing list archives

From geoffrey hendrey <ge...@nextdb.net>
Subject XJ073 The data in this BLOB or CLOB is no longer available
Date Tue, 29 Dec 2009 22:15:25 GMT
On Derby 10.4.1.3 I see the following error. "ERROR XJ073: The data in this
BLOB or CLOB is no longer available.  The BLOB/CLOB's transaction may be
committed, or its connection is closed." Are there any known issues around
this? It occurs intermittently, and I've never seen in happen twice in a
row. I don't think I'm prematurely closing the connection. I found a Jira
issue around this, but it seemed like the discussion concluded it was user
error. Thought I would ping the list to see if there are any known bugs on
this.

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: The data in this BLOB or CLOB is no longer
available.  The BLOB/CLOB's transaction may be committed, or its connection
is closed.
    at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(SQLExceptionFactory.java:45)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.generateCsSQLException(Util.java:201)
    at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.wrapInSQLException(TransactionResourceImpl.java:391)
    at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.handleException(TransactionResourceImpl.java:346)
    at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.handleException(EmbedConnection.java:2135)
    at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.ConnectionChild.handleException(ConnectionChild.java:81)
    at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedResultSet.getBlob(EmbedResultSet.java:3975)
    at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedResultSet.getObject(EmbedResultSet.java:1666)
    at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedResultSet.getObject(EmbedResultSet.java:1711)
    at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingResultSet.getObject(DelegatingResultSet.java:290)
    at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingResultSet.getObject(DelegatingResultSet.java:290)
    at net.nextdb.DynamicORM.getColumn(DynamicORM.java:176)
    at
net.nextdb.formatter.ColumnContentFormatter.format(ColumnContentFormatter.java:51)
    ... 45 more
Caused by: ERROR XJ073: The data in this BLOB or CLOB is no longer
available.  The BLOB/CLOB's transaction may be committed, or its connection
is closed.
    at
org.apache.derby.iapi.error.StandardException.newException(StandardException.java:276)
    at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedBlob.<init>(EmbedBlob.java:210)
    at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedResultSet.getBlob(EmbedResultSet.java:3973)
    ... 51 more

--
http://nextdb.net - RESTful Relational Database
http://www.nextdb.net/wiki/en/REST