db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Francois Orsini <francois.ors...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: USER-DEFINED CLASS FOR AUTHENTICATION
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2009 20:20:17 GMT
Hi Dan,

Did you set derby.authentication.provider to the *full name* of a class that
implements the public interface
org.apache.derby.authentication.UserAuthenticator? full name which includes
the various package names, etc.

The user-defined authentication class that implements
org.apache.derby.authentication.UserAuthenticator needs to be in the Java
classpath. Have you noticed any message(s) / exception(s) in derby.log file?

Cheers,

--Francois