db-derby-user mailing list archives

From han hongfang <hanhongf...@gmail.com>
Subject Can derby network server be shutdown from ij?
Date Wed, 23 Dec 2009 07:31:22 GMT
Hi all,

I'm using Derby 10.4.2.0. I have a problem regarding shutdown derby network
server in ij.

I have derby installed here, D:\devtools\derby\db-derby-10.4.2.0-bin

I have bin\derby.properties with following informatin to enable user
authentication:

derby.connection.requireAuthentication=true
derby.authentication.provider=BUILTIN
derby.user.user1=passw0rd1
derby.user.user2=passw0rd2

Then I open two command windows on my XP, and direct both of them to
D:\devtools\derby\db-derby-10.4.2.0-bin\bin.

- In one command window, I start derby network server with
startNetworkServer.bat;

- In another command window, I start ij, and perform the following
operation.

ij> connect
'jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/;shutdown=true;user=user1;password=passw0rd1';
ERROR XJ015: DERBY SQL error: SQLCODE: -1, SQLSTATE: XJ015, SQLERRMC: Derby
system shutdown.
ij> connect
'jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/testdb;user=user1;password=passw0rd1';
ij> show tables;
TABLE_SCHEM         |TABLE_NAME                    |REMARKS
SYS                 |SYSALIASES                    |
SYS                 |SYSCHECKS                     |
SYS                 |SYSCOLPERMS                   |
SYS                 |SYSCOLUMNS                    |
SYS                 |SYSCONGLOMERATES              |
SYS                 |SYSCONSTRAINTS                |
SYS                 |SYSDEPENDS                    |
SYS                 |SYSFILES                      |
SYS                 |SYSFOREIGNKEYS                |
SYS                 |SYSKEYS                       |
SYS                 |SYSROLES                      |
SYS                 |SYSROUTINEPERMS               |
SYS                 |SYSSCHEMAS                    |
SYS                 |SYSSTATEMENTS                 |
SYS                 |SYSSTATISTICS                 |
SYS                 |SYSTABLEPERMS                 |
SYS                 |SYSTABLES                     |
SYS                 |SYSTRIGGERS                   |
SYS                 |SYSVIEWS                      |
SYSIBM              |SYSDUMMY1                     |

My understading is ERROR XJ015 means that derby system is successfully
shutdown.

But why after derby shutdown I can still see other commands working. In my
example, "show tables" still works. Meanwhile, my first command window which
starts derby network server is listenning on port 1527. It seems derby is
still alive.

What does ERROR XJ015 actually mean? Is it possible to shutdown derby
network server from ij, and how?

Your help is high appreciated!

--
Best regards,