db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Geoff hendrey <geoff_hend...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: XJ073 The data in this BLOB or CLOB is no longer available
Date Thu, 31 Dec 2009 23:31:20 GMT
I've tracked this down. The intermittent failure occurs when calling ResultSet.getObject(columName)
twice in a row on the same result set. I had a logging statement that was printing ResultSet.getObject(columName)
right before a second call to ResultSet.getObject(columName). I took out the logging statement
and the error never occurs. Is this a Derby bug?

--
http://nextdb.net - RESTful Relational Database
http://www.nextdb.net/wiki/en/REST

--- On Thu, 12/31/09, Geoff hendrey <geoff_hendrey@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Geoff hendrey <geoff_hendrey@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: XJ073 The data in this BLOB or CLOB is no longer available
To: "Derby Discussion" <derby-user@db.apache.org>
Cc: dmclean62@gmail.com
Date: Thursday, December 31, 2009, 2:40 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried autocommit false, but it didn't make any difference. This
error seems to occur about once out of 30 times. I also printed Connection.isClosed after
catching the exception, just to make sure the connection wasn't closed (since the error message
implied the connection might be closed).

I also tried many wacky things to try to work around it, including: using TRANSACTION_SERIALIZABLE
and synchronizing on a static variable to eliminate multi-threading as a cause. None of these
affected the problem.