db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: How to clear data in Memory used by JavaDB
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2009 11:36:24 GMT
Amandeep Singh wrote:
> Hi,
>
>                I am using JavaDB for In-Memory DataBase, but i want
> that database to be removed after use from memory.How can i do so.

Hello Amandeep,

The in-memory feature was marked as experimental in Derby 10.5, and
there isn't a proper mechanism to delete an in-memory database. However,
you can use a static method to do so. This is documented at
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/InMemoryBackEndPrimer
Verify that your database is deleted afterwards by trying to connect to
it (without using "create=true").

In Derby 10.6 [1] a database can be deleted using a JDBC connection URL
attribute, like
"jdbc:derby:memory:myDB;drop=true[;user=A;password=B]"

Also note that the static method mentioned above will be removed in
Derby 10.6.

Regards,
--
Kristian