db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Michael K├Ândling <m_koe...@yahoo.de>
Subject Questions about the implementation
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2009 00:15:11 GMT
hello,

I'm a computer science student from Germany and I would like to ask the
derby developers a couple of questions about the implementation aspects
of jdbc.

I have checked out the 10.5 branch.

1. Are there any (detailed) design documents? I already had a look at
the overall architecture page.
2. What where the key design decisions with the jdbc-implementation part?
    e.g. What is the main idea behind all these inheritance hierarchies
(for Drivers, Connections and so on)?
       InternalDriver seems to be a factory that is used from a lot of
places - what was the idea behind that?
3. Where is the jdbc-driver located in the source code and what are the
main classes?
4. How are ResultSets implemented?

I would appreciate any information.
Thany you very much,