db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Different DB behavior loaded from JAR vs. file system
Date Thu, 03 Dec 2009 12:35:35 GMT
malesch wrote:
> I checked again, altough I was quite sure, I only connect as the user
> "app" (I have no other users).
> In every case "values CURRENT_USER" always return "APP" and the second
> query always the
> schema name "APP" with the corresponding "table name".
>
> I realized that I previously wrote nonsense because not tables are
> missing (what would lead to
> a user problem) but rows in a table...

Did you shut down the database properly before jarring it up?
I'm not sure what happens with a JAR database if there are unprocessed
transaction logs in the log directory, but since access is read-only a
guess would be that the logs are simply ignored.

If the logs are there, but not processed when the db is in a jar, they
will be processed on start-up when you unzip the JAR and connect to the
database.

To make sure the database is in a clean state before you jar it up, shut
it down properly: 'jdbc:derby:mydb;shutdown=true'

Regards,
--
Kristian