db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Different DB behavior loaded from JAR vs. file system
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2009 17:31:12 GMT
malesch wrote:
> . I realized that
> in my demo with the extracted DB (on the file system) the expected
> tables didn't show up (like in the JAR case). Disappointed I opened the
> same DB with SquirellSQL and, surprise, the tables were there again.
> After this opening with SquirellSQL my demo programm showed again the
> previously missing tables.

I know this was suggested before and perhaps you checked already, but it
sounds a lot like you are not connecting with the same user each time.
The schema for the table creation will match the user name.  A couple of
queries to get your bearings:

 values CURRENT_USER

 select schemaname, tablename  from sys.sysschemas s, sys.systables t
where NOT tablename like  'SYS%' and s.schemaid  = t.schemaid;

If your table schema and user don't match you can either log in as the
matching user or select with the fully qualified name e.g.

 select * from kathey.t;