db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Dag.Wan...@Sun.COM (Dag H. Wanvik)
Subject Re: AW: OOM with millions of weakly-referenced Derby objects
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2009 18:53:47 GMT
Malte.Kempff@de.equens.com writes:

> In other words I would count that situation as not nice behaviour of ij, since the return
code should have been given as I would suppose it looking at the method signature.

Is this the API signature you are referring to?

http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.5/publishedapi/jdbc4/org/apache/derby/tools/ij.html#runScript(java.sql.Connection,%20java.io.InputStream,%20java.lang.String,%20java.io.OutputStream,%20java.lang.String)

It says:

Returns:
    Number of SQLExceptions thrown during the execution, -1 if not
    known.

If so, are you seeing 0 or -1 returned here?

Dag