db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Brian Shields <blanketyblank...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Overriding one database's content with another
Date Thu, 05 Nov 2009 08:52:37 GMT
Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waagan@...> writes:
> The conglomerate number is represented as an integer in the system
> tables. To get the corresponding file, convert the integer to
> hexadecimal, prefix a 'c' and append '.dat'.
>
> Remember that indexes are stored in their own separate file (also
> recorded in the system tables).

Thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for!

As for the indices, I don't think they're ever changing, but my plan was to grab
all of the conglomerates corresponding to the data schema, and the indices would
be a part of that. I don't mind 38 vs. 19 files, it was the 139 vs. 19 that was
problematic. I'd rather not needlessly overwrite a bunch of system information
for the database, and I'd rather not have to programatically drop the user_data
tables before pushing out a build of the program just to ensure the users don't
get their settings changed.