db-derby-user mailing list archives

From François <francois.rap...@unifr.ch>
Subject Re: Using a database in a jar file
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2009 09:39:27 GMT
RAPPAZ Francois <francois.rappaz@...> writes:

> Dear all,
>
> I would like to use a simple table named authors with some simple select
statement. The database is named
> docentries and I want to put it in a jar file.
> I have used
> jar cMf docentries.jar docentries
> from within my derby system dir.
>
> Now my jar file contains class file and files from the databases
> docentries/log/log.ctrl
> docentries/log/log3.dat
> docentries/log/logmirror.ctrl
> docentries/seg0/c10.dat
> docentries/seg0/c101.dat
> docentries/seg0/c111.dat
> docentries/seg0/c121.dat
>
> Using ij, and with the jar file in my derby directory, I can connect to the
database without having any error
> message using
> ij.connection.doc=jdbc:derby:jar:(docentries.jar)docentries
> in my ij.properties file.
> I received no error on this connection.
>
> But the table in the database in the jar file seems empty and more
surprisingly, the table authors in the
> original docentries is empty too after the process...
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> François

Actually the connection string jdbc:derby:jar:(docentries.jar)docentries was
correct. This jdbc:derby:jar:(./docentries.jar)docentries  would work also...
I was using a database with empty table therefore having no result to my sql
statement....

François