db-derby-user mailing list archives

From vupt vupt <vup...@hotmail.com>
Subject datasource question
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2009 22:14:37 GMT

Hi,

I just started using Derby and am trying to create a datasource object.
I would like to create a datasource where the url is the following:
jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/C:/app2/db-derby-10.5.3.0/demo/database/toursdb

I have tried to create the datasource using the following code:
 org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDataSource ds  = new org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDataSource();

            ds.setServerName("localhost");
            ds.setPortNumber(1527);
            ds.setDatabaseName("C:/app2/db-derby-10.5.3.0/demo/database/toursdb");

But I get an error saying it can't find the database. Any ideas how to get it to work?

thanks,
Phong

Eligible CDN College & University students can upgrade to Windows 7 before Jan 3 for only
$39.99. Upgrade now!
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9691819