db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Francois Orsini <francois.ors...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Database encryption
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2009 08:01:32 GMT
Hi George,

Derby does decrypt or encrypt a database page or log record on the fly as it
is loaded from disk into the buffer page cache or when flushing to the
database / written to the log accordingly.

As far as 'encryptionKeyLength', it is *now* documented as part of the
latest Alpha documentation set:
c.f. Developer Guide at:
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/dev/devguide/devguide-single.html

There was a JIRA opened for this issue at:

Hope this helps,

--francois