db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Sven Skrabal <radiation...@gmx.net>
Subject Problem with escaping of strings
Date Fri, 27 Nov 2009 13:43:59 GMT
Hi all,

I'm trying to import data exported via PhpMyAdmin from MySQL. Now my SQL
Statements contain special characters like \r\n. Apache Derby seems to
filter them out. If I import that data I just get this characters
interpreted as normal text. So what I get is a string containing all
data without the  correct newlines. How can I tell Apache Derby to
interpret this text as special charaters?

Example:
INSERT INTO test (test) VALUES ('test\r\ntest');

The column's datatype is LONG VARCHAR. I used the 'Services' tab in
Netbeans IDE to import this data. A lot of research on google and the
reference manual didn't help. Please help :-)

Greetings
Sven S.