db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver found for jdbc:derby:jdbcDemoDB;create=true
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2009 23:38:08 GMT
> not seem to be able to find the embedded driver. I cannot find a library
> called "Embedded Driver". Can anyone see what I am doing wrong? I

EmbeddedDriver is not a library, it is a class.

Can you post your code? That would make it easier to see what you are doing wrong.

Can you compare your code against the Derby embedded example program in
demo/programs/workingwithderby/WwdEmbedded.java
(http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.5/getstart/rwwdactivity3.html#rwwdactivity3)

If there are sections of that web page that are confusing, ask some questions
about the confusing parts and we'll be glad to help!

thanks,

bryan