db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <Kristian.Waa...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: How to connect derby by python
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2009 13:32:05 GMT
Zhang Qian wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have to access derby DB with my python script, but I do not know if
> there are any python modules for this purpose I can use.
> Any suggestions will be really appreciated!

Hi Qian,

What about using Jython :)

There's an article describing how to connect to Python using various IBM
drivers. Note that the article is rather old, and I don't think DB2
driver compatibility is actively pursued any more in the Derby community.
So, it may or may not work...

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/data/library/techarticle/dm-0505gibson/

I don't know if there are any other ODBC-JDBC bridges out there.

Another option is http://www.freenet.org.nz/python/spiro/ ,  but it
doesn't seem to see much development these days, and it also looks
tedious to use it for JDBC (you'd have to write your own wrappers I guess).

Let us know if you find something that works!

Regards,
--
Kristian