db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: R: using ASTParser and TreeWalker
Date Fri, 06 Nov 2009 16:35:38 GMT
Hi Flavio,

A couple more comments inline...

Flavio Palumbo wrote:
> Hi Rich,
>
> thanks for your super quick answer ;-))
>

>> Please tell us more about the problems you are having compiling the
>> Derby trunk. We want to make the build easier.
>>

> I tried to build Derby following the guide at
> http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/BuildingDerby ; I'm currently using NetBeans
> 6.5 with jdk 1.6.0 ; when I try to build the project I get a lot of
> exceptions due mainly to the fact that I'm not able to add jUnit jars to the
> project.
> I'm bit hurry now, I'll try to generate again the project this week end to
> be more accurate.

Thanks for giving us this feedback. If you configure the ant build
target to be "buildsource" rather than "all", then you shouldn't need
the junit jars. For more information, see the BUILDING.html file in the
root directory of the Derby trunk.

>> Yes, you should be able to compile these classes against the official
>> debug jars for 10.5.3.0.
>>

> what you mean with "debug jars" ?

If you go to the 10.5.3 download page (
http://db.apache.org/derby/releases/release-10.5.3.0.cgi ), you'll see a
number of downloadable distributions. Two of them have the word "debug"
in their names. The jars in those two distributions have extra tracing
logic built into them. The TreeWalker uses that extra tracing logic.

Hope this helps,
-Rick