db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: using ASTParser and TreeWalker
Date Fri, 06 Nov 2009 14:45:26 GMT
Hi Flavio,

Flavio Palumbo wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I tried test ASTParser and TreeWalker to try to parse SQL strings and the
> first works fine while I cannot compile the second cause I receive this
> compile time error :
> TreeWalker is not abstract and does not override abstract method
> visitChildrenFirst(org.apache.derby.iapi.sql.compile.Visitable) in
> org.apache.derby.iapi.sql.compile.Visitor
>
> is there a newer version I can use or can somebody tell me how to fix this
> problem ?

The visitChildrenFirst() method was added to the Visitor interface
recently. I have attached  new versions of TreeWalker, XmlTreeWalker,
and XmlTreePrinter to DERBY-3946, DERBY-791, and DERBY-4415
respectively. The new versions implement the new method and should
compile against the current Derby trunk. If this doesn't fix your
problem, let me know and I'll look into this more.
> also I found the post "Rick Hillegas added a comment - 25/Aug/09 04:00 PM"
> on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3946 :
>
> I have successfully compiled and run this ASTParser against the debug
> derby.jar that is part of the 10.5.3.0 distribution
>
> it means that I can compile and run ASTParser and TreeWalker against the
> normal distribution of Derby ?

Yes, you should be able to compile these classes against the official
debug jars for 10.5.3.0.
> this would be great cause I fight a lot to compile Derby from svn.

Please tell us more about the problems you are having compiling the
Derby trunk. We want to make the build easier.

Thanks,
-Rick