db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: Managing the Derby Network Server remotely by using the servlet interface
Date Mon, 02 Nov 2009 23:55:10 GMT
> 10) when typing http://localhost:8180/derby/derbynet into the browser instead
> I am getting HTTP 500 'Wrapper can not find servlet
> org.apache.drda.NetServlet or a class it depends on'

Hi Thomas,

I'm not a big user of derby.war so I'm not sure what's wrong here, but
the first thing to know is that the way derby.war works, you are expected
to put the other derby*.jar files into the Tomcat server's class path.

That is, derby.war just contains a web.xml, which says the name of
a class file, but derby.war doesn't provide that class file. The class
file (org.apache.drda.NetServlet) lives in derbynet.jar.

SO make sure that derbynet.jar is somewhere that is in the Tomcat server's classpath.

For example, try copying the derby jar files into /var/lib/tomcat5.5/common/lib.

Then see if the servlet runs any better.

thanks,

bryan