db-derby-user mailing list archives

From mjs1138 <mjsul...@uvm.edu>
Subject Using Derby to access Cloudscape DB
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2009 18:47:30 GMT

Hi.  I'm hoping someone here can help me or at least point me in the right /
any direction.

I've been asked to retrieve data from an old java app that was developed
using cloudscape (CS).  I have never used cloudscape or derby.  The reading
I've done tells me that CS has been migrated to derby.

I started w/ the derby tutorial and got it to work using ij from a dos cmd
window.  I then tried to CONNECT to the other DB and received this message:

  ERROR XJ040: Failed to start database 'patientdb', see the next exception
for details.
  ERROR XSLAC: Database at C:\Users\Mike\DERBYTUTOR\patientdb have
incompatible format with the current version of software, it may have been
created by or upgraded by a later version.

I've searched for a migration process but haven’t been able to find one.
Any thought or help w/ direction will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks --- Mike