db-derby-user mailing list archives

From <de...@segel.com>
Subject RE: How to connect derby by python
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2009 13:40:24 GMT

Actually Jython is pretty much the only way to go here.

If you want to do an ODBC-JDBC bridge, then you have to see if there's an
ODBC module already written, else you'd have to write one yourself.  (Even
still, you may have problems.)

Or you could just write your own Java TCP/IP app that acts as a proxy
service.

Either of these solutions are ugly and well... fragile solutions. Not
recommended.

Jython should be able to read your python script as is and will work.
Note: I say *should*. I haven't played with Jython, so I don't know if there
are any compatibility issues.

Even if there are compatibility issues, you can modify your script and work
around those.

HTH