db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Hang while using delete in (?, ?) prepared statement for two nulls
Date Thu, 08 Oct 2009 21:28:14 GMT
Rafal Rusin <rafal.rusin@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I'm a committer from Apache ODE. We had a hang on derby 10.5.3.0 while
> we used such prepared statement.
> We use JTA environment with Tranql and Geronimo embedded, but I think
> it's not related to this problem.
>
> Here's a code to reproduce this hang:

[...]
> This statement doesn't make much sense, but we lost a lot of time
> figuring out what's going on. Alexis Midon found eventually a cause.
>
> Is there a chance of fixing it (or at least throwing error on nulls)?

This bug was actually fixed just a couple of weeks ago, see
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-4376. I tried the code you
posted, and it does reproduce the hang with Derby 10.5.3.0, but it does
not hang when I test it with head of trunk. The fix is also available on
the 10.5 branch.

> FYI, here's an entry in ODE jira: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ODE-671

I've posted a link to DERBY-4376 on that issue.

--
Knut Anders