db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: ij run and utf8 file
Date Thu, 29 Oct 2009 09:39:56 GMT
RAPPAZ Francois <francois.rappaz@unifr.ch> writes:

> I have a file with sql commands: The file is encoded in utf8. I have put "derby.ui.codeset=utf8"
in my derby.properties file in the derby system directory.
> When I load ij with
> U:\docs\jprog\derby>java -jar %DERBY_HOME%/lib/derbyrun.jar ij -p ij.properties
>
> And try to run the command in my file, I get
> ij> ´╗┐insert into authors (name1, name2, data) values ('Abarca', 'Carolina',
'Abarca, Carolina 2');
> ERREUR 42X02 : Lexical error at line 1, column 2.  Encountered: "\u00bb" (187),
> after : "".
>
> Any idea what I'm missing ?

Hi François,

The derby.properties file is only read by the Derby engine and not by
tools like ij, and since derby.ui.codeset is a tools property, setting
it there wouldn't help. Since you start ij with -p ij.properties, it
should be fine if you put the property setting in ij.properties.

If it still doesn't work, is there any chance that the line that causes
the error starts with a "»" character?

--
Knut Anders