db-derby-user mailing list archives

From RAPPAZ Francois <francois.rap...@unifr.ch>
Subject Using a database in a jar file
Date Fri, 30 Oct 2009 09:07:05 GMT
Dear all,

I would like to use a simple table named authors with some simple select statement. The database
is named docentries and I want to put it in a jar file.
I have used
jar cMf docentries.jar docentries
from within my derby system dir.

Now my jar file contains class file and files from the databases
docentries/log/log.ctrl
docentries/log/log3.dat
docentries/log/logmirror.ctrl
docentries/seg0/c10.dat
docentries/seg0/c101.dat
docentries/seg0/c111.dat
docentries/seg0/c121.dat

Using ij, and with the jar file in my derby directory, I can connect to the database without
having any error message using
ij.connection.doc=jdbc:derby:jar:(docentries.jar)docentries
in my ij.properties file.
I received no error on this connection.

But the table in the database in the jar file seems empty and more surprisingly, the table
authors in the original docentries is empty too after the process...

Thanks for any help.

Fran├žois