db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Prathip Asaithambi <prathip.asaitha...@sasken.com>
Subject Migrating IBM Cloudscape to Version 10 - Issue
Date Tue, 27 Oct 2009 07:37:54 GMT

Hi,

   I have a application using Cloudscape database(version5.6).The Cloudscape Database size
is 73.1 Giga bytes.After migrating the database from Cloudscape to derby(Cloudscape10.0) i
have noticed the following

 1. The migrate derby Database size is reduced to 50.1 Giga bytes(which was 73.1GB with cloudscape)
 2. My Application become dead slow at the DB interaction layer

I have used IBM's migratetoderby.jar for my migration. Could anyone help me out what went
wrong during migration

1. Why the Database size was reduced ?
2. Whether there is any upper limits during migration process?
3. Why Application get slowdown during Database interaction layer?which was good before migration

Please help me out by providing you inputs

Thanks & Regads,
A.Prathip

SASKEN BUSINESS DISCLAIMER
-------------------------
This message may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. In
case you are not the original intended Recipient of the message, you must not, directly or

indirectly, use, Disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message and you are

requested to delete it and inform the sender. Any views expressed in this message are
those of the individual sender unless otherwise stated. Nothing contained in this message

shall be construed as an offer or acceptance of any offer by Sasken Communication
Technologies Limited ("Sasken") unless sent with that express intent and with due
authority of Sasken. Sasken has taken enough precautions to prevent the spread of
viruses. However the company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus
transmitted by this email