db-derby-user mailing list archives

From "Santiago Miguel Aranda Rojas" <santiago.aranda.telv...@gmail.com>
Subject Derby and Osgi
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2009 22:19:12 GMT
I like Derby. I am using OSGi in order to have a SOA platform. I know derby is working in Embedded
mode as OSGi bundle. I would like to know if it is possible run Derby in client-server mode
using OSGi. I have dowloaded derby and I have found a org.apache.derby.osgi.EmbeddedActivator
class. I think this is the only way for running Derby inside OSGi.

Do you know any options for having a database server inside OSGi??? I would like run only
one proccess and that all my components were included in the OSGi framework, Derby too. But
using client-server arquitecture

Thank you
Santiago Miguel Aranda Rojas