db-derby-user mailing list archives

From bruehlicke <bruehli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Create DB Structure in one statement
Date Thu, 08 Oct 2009 20:23:46 GMT
           Statement s = _connection.createStatement();

            s.execute(
                    "CREATE TABLE TABLE1 (" +
                    "ID BIGINT NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY GENERATED ALWAYS
AS IDENTITY (START WITH 1, INCREMENT BY 1)," +
                    "NAME VARCHAR(80) NOT NULL," +
                    "VALUE VARCHAR(12) NOT NULL," +
                    "DESCRIPTION VARCHAR(255)," +
                    "CREATED_BY VARCHAR(40) DEFAULT USER," +
                    "CREATE_DATE TIMESTAMP DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP," +
                    "LAST_UPDATED TIMESTAMP DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP" +
                    ")" + ";" +
                    "CREATE TABLE TABLE2 (" +
                    "ID BIGINT NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY GENERATED ALWAYS
AS IDENTITY (START WITH 1, INCREMENT BY 1)," +
                    "NAME VARCHAR(80) NOT NULL," +
                    "VALUE VARCHAR(12) NOT NULL," +
                    "DESCRIPTION VARCHAR(255)," +
                    "CREATED_BY VARCHAR(40) DEFAULT USER," +
                    "CREATE_DATE TIMESTAMP DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP," +
                    "LAST_UPDATED TIMESTAMP DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP" +
                    ")"
             );

Should work - this would create 2 table in one statement.

B-)