db-derby-user mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: column not found from java
Date Fri, 30 Oct 2009 13:40:13 GMT
Hi Fran├žois,

If the error text below is exactly what  Derby reported, then that
indicates that Derby is looking for a column called "name1". If you
don't double-quote the column name, then Derby internally converts the
column name to uppercase: NAME1. You  may be up against the distinction
between ordinary identifiers and double-quoted identifiers. Make sure
that the query you're issuing really is what you wrote below rather than

select data from authors where "name1" like 'Foffi%'

For more information on identifiers, please see the following section in
the Derby Reference Guide:
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.5/ref/ref-single.html#crefsqlj34834

Hope this helps,
-Rick

RAPPAZ Francois wrote:
> With a database in a jar file, I can access it from ij with the url
> ij.connection.doc=jdbc:derby:jar:(./docentries.jar)docentries
> My derby.properties contains also
> derby.ui.codeset=utf8
>
> Once connected a statement
> select data from authors where name1 like 'Foffi%'
> works correctly.
>

> Now, from my java class, I connect with
> jdbc:derby:jar:(./docentries.jar)docentries;derby.ui.codeset=utf8
>
> but I can't run any select statement: I still got a
> Column name1 not found
>
> Thanks for any clue
>
> Fran├žois
>
> (In my previous message please read "I use two files instead" of "I use to file" ...
ain't easy to use derby; I'm tired)